New Resident Info
Welcome to Fridley!
The City of Fridley is a first ring suburban community with a 2011 estimated population of 27,500. The City is located 10 minutes north of downtown Minneapolis and 20 minutes northwest of downtown St. Paul. Incorporated in July 1949, Fridley now covers 11 square miles of area and is home to several private and public schools including a K-12 International Baccalaureate school district and some of the most important industries in the Midwest, nation, and the world. We also have beautiful parks and trails including Springbrook Nature Center and Moore Lake Beach. Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts provides a welcome place to tap into your creative side in beautiful Manomin Regional Park, and our Mississippi River trails will take your breath away.
Get answers to common questions you may have about getting started as a Fridley resident.
- I am moving to Fridley. Who do I contact for utilities?
- Where do I find a list of waste haulers / garbage collectors?
- Where do I register my children for school?
- Where do I vote?
- What can I recycle?
- Where can I find bus, Park & Rides or Northstar information?
- Do I need a cat / dog license?
- When do I need a building permit? What home projects require a permit?
- When does the City Council meet? Where can I view agendas/minutes/meetings?
- Where can I find County resources such as job training, economic assistance and public health services?