The City has begun its 2040 Comprehensive Plan with the Water Supply Plan chapter. You can find a draft of the Water Supply Plan here: Water Supply Plan Draft.
The last comprehensive plan for Fridley was completed in 2008. This is the 2030 Fridley Comprehensive Plan, which lay forth plans for the City of Fridley for the next 20 years.
The City's draft 2040 Comprehensive Plan must be submitted to the Metropolitan Council by December 31, 2018. The update will take 2-3 years to complete. The process includes allowing time for community input, research and data gathering, assessment of available funding and tools, and interdepartmental coordination. Since the plan must be reviewed by Fridley's Commissions and City Council, as well as neighboring communities, nearly one year is needed to get the draft plan ready to be submitted.
The Metropolitan Council has set up guidelines for all communities to follow. To remain consistent, Fridley's comprehensive plan must include certain information that demonstrates the city's plans fit within the Metropolitan Council's forecasts for the year 2040. (See guidelines and information about Metropolitan Council's Livable Communities Grant Program.) The City's plan must address any proposed land use changes that the city anticipates in the next 20 years. It must also address topics like housing, transportation, parks, trails, and open space, resiliency, economic competitiveness, and public utilities.
- Introduction, Table of Contents and Indexes
- Chapter 1: Purpose, Process and Goals
- Chapter 2: History, Current Demographics and Projections
- Chapter 3: Land Use
- Chapter 4: Economic and Redevelopment Plan
- Chapter 5: Housing Plan
- Chapter 6: Transportation Plan
- Chapter 7: Parks,Trails and Open Space
- Chapter 8: Natural Resources
- Chapter 9: Critical Area Plan
- Chapter 10: Sanitary Sewer Plan
- Chapter 11: Water Supply Plan
- Chapter 12: Surface Water
- Chapter 13: Public Facilities Plan
- Chapter 14: Implementation Plan