The foremost responsibility of the streets division is to keep our streets looking good and performing safely, and to preserve longevity. This includes upkeep such as street sweeping, repair of roadway surface areas, and snow/ice control.

The City of Fridley has street improvement programs included in its capital improvement plan. City street improvements are scheduled on an annual basis according to need and available resources. These improvements include resurfacing, curbing, and other major improvements that are not categorized under the normal street maintenance program. Information may be obtained on streets currently scheduled for improvements by contacting our Engineering Division at (763) 572-3566. 

Street maintenance or repairs including potholes, crack sealing and other problems that are dangerous to pedestrians or vehicles should be reported to us at (763) 572-3566 or submitted online on our Report a Concern page. After hours, you will receive a pre-recorded greeting with general instructions and emergency information. A message may be left for those situations not considered emergencies and will be reviewed the following business day. When reporting requests for services, please provide us with your name, address, telephone number, location of the requested repair, and as much detailed information as possible concerning the problem.

Street Pavement Condition

The Engineering Division conducts an annual inspection and review of pavement condition citywide. This assists in selection of maintenance and reconstruction measures for existing streets. 

Median and Boulevard Repairs

Citizens should report damage or needed repairs on street medians or boulevards: Report a Concern. After business hours, a recorded message may be left. Please leave your name, address, telephone number, location of the problem, and as much detailed information as possible. Messages are reviewed and acted upon accordingly by city personnel the next business day. A pre-recorded message concerning emergency information may be obtained by telephoning 763-572-3552 after business hours.

Public Alleys

Alleys which are hard surfaced and open to public passage are maintained on an ongoing basis by the Public Works Department. Public alleys in need of maintenance can be reported to the Public Works Department: Report a Concern.

Yard Waste

City Code Chapter 113 Prohibits Any Person From Throwing Or Depositing Solid Waste, Yard Waste (grass Clippings, Leaves & Tree Waste) Or Recyclables On Any Property Within The City, Except Within Receptacles For Collection Or Such Items. Property Owners Of The Deposited Waste Are Responsible For Their Actions Or The Actions Of Any Agent Involved In The Waste Removal Process. Penalties Result In A Notice Of The First Violation, With Subsequent Violations Incurring Penalties Not-to-exceed $700 And 90 Days In Jail Plus Any City Cost.