Creek View Park
|6801 Anoka Street
This project is completed and the park is now open for use.
Updated February 27, 2024
Creek View is a mini park that services a neighborhood with underserved populations. It is located along the scenic Rice Creek West Regional Trail corridor but only has foot paths down steep slopes to access the trail. The site is very sandy with areas of erosion.
General recommendations include redevelopment with some minor layout modifications to incorporate new amenities, replace existing and create an improved access to the regional trail.
- Replace playground equipment with potential more unique pieces for a broader range of challenge levels
- ADA compliant playground surfacing
- Concrete playground border
- Added internal concrete loop walks
- Regional trail connection
- Replace basketball court as necessary with smaller court overlays (hopscotch, 4-square)
- Small arbor or picnic shelter with two tables and outlet
- Wayfinding signs & No Parking signs
- Security light
The project was completed in 2023.
Beginning in 2019, the City undertook a comprehensive public engagement process through a variety of methods, allowing for a better understanding of current views, desires and trends related to parks, trails and recreation.
Engagement methods included:
- Online outreach through Social PinPoint and Polco platforms
- Four-part in-person visioning series conducted by the Twin Cities LISC's Corridor Development Initiative
- Targeted outreach to specific project stakeholders including Fridley athletic associations, senior center and Fridley ISD 13
- Gathered feedback through an interactive, GIS-based story map project website
- Targeted community outreach through pop-up events
- Community survey conducted by The Morris Leatherman Company
An in-park community meeting was held on Tuesday, August 16 to allow residents to vote on playground equipment and discuss the project with City staff. Residents who could not make it to the meeting had the opportunity to give feedback via an online survey. The feedback will help decide what equipment to order for construction in 2023.