Zoning is a set of laws regulating how property is used and the size and location of buildings on a lot. In Fridley, this helps us create neighborhoods and business districts and industrial areas.
Zoning decisions in Fridley are determined by a join effort between the Community Development Department, Planning Commission and the City Council.
We have a number of online tools to help you with zoning information and needs. If your question is not answered here, please contact the Planning Department at (763) 572-3592.
This interactive map allows you to see how areas of Fridley are zoned, search by address, and print a map of a property showing its zoning. You can also find taxpayer information for a specific property and its legal description.
Download, view, and/or print a color-coded map showing the various zoning districts throughout the city.
Zoning Verification Letters are a formal document prepared by city staff. Zoning Letters are generally requested by property owners, mortgage lenders, appraisers, and legal advisors. They are sometimes required by purchasers or lenders when a property is sold or refinanced. These letters verify the zoning district of a property. Depending on the information required, a Zoning Letter can provide information on:
- Zoning Classification and, if applicable, information Overlay Districts
- Permitted uses / Legal land uses
- Development and Land Use Approval History
- FEMA Flood Plain information
- Known current zoning violations
Zoning letters are typically provided within 3 business days, but properties requiring substantial research may take longer to complete. If the completion time is expected to exceed one week, staff will notify you.
You can request a Zoning Verification Letter online. The fee is $50 per address.
Not sure whether you need a zoning letter? General zoning information, including the interactive self-serve zoning map and links to the zoning code, are available in the tabs above. You may also contact the Planning Department at (763) 572-3592 with general questions.
Developing your Business in Fridley
Fridley's Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) can offer assistance with locating your business in Fridley. Services include:
- Business site selection assistance
- Local tax structure and tax increment financing districts data and analysis
- Guidance on available City programs and other programs for various types of projects
- Redevelopment process assistance
- Coordination/implementation of special service districts
- Real estate transactions
- Private activity bond issuance or refinancing
- Business relocation/expansion assistance
- Redevelopment contract negotiations
- Home improvement demonstration project
To get started, give Paul Bolin a call at (763) 572-3591.