Summer Rocks | June 11 - August 16, 2024
Recreation Opportunities for Creative Kids in the Summer
Our popular all-day recreation program is held Monday – Friday from June 11 to August 16, 2024. Kids who are currently in grades K-6 will have a variety of fun opportunities to participate in each week, including: classes, special events, field trips and outdoor adventures.
Summer ROCKS registration will open online at 8 a.m. on March 6, 2024.
See a sample 2023 ROCKS Daily Schedule & Weekly Activity Schedule for details.
- Download our 2023 Summer ROCKS brochure with class descriptions (PDF)
- Download our 2023 Summer ROCKS Parent Handbook (PDF)
- Download our 2023 Fridley Parks & Rec COVID-19 Waiver (PDF)
SAMPLE 2023 ROCKS Daily Schedule - 2024 Schedule TBA
7:30 - 8:20 a.m.: Arrival & Hang-out
- During this time participants can play games, read a book, watch a cartoon or work on an art project with the ROCKS staff.
8:30 a.m. – Noon: Morning Instructional ROCKS Classes
- Participants will participate in classes ranging from sports/games, arts & crafts, science/nature, and enrichment.
Noon - 1 p.m.: Lunch & Recess
1- 4:30 p.m.: Afternoon Programs
- Playground Program (Gr. K-3) at Commons Park
- We'll spend the afternoon outdoors enjoying theme-based activities including games, stories and crafts.
- Chill Zone (Gr. 4-6) at the Middle School & Commons Park:
- The afternoon will be filled with games, projects and adventure.
4:30 - 5 p.m. Pick-up
- Participants will return to the Fridley Middle School for pick-up.
Additional Program Information
Wednesday Field Trips & Special Events
- Throughout the summer, we'll have a variety of special events, visitors, entertainment and field trips on Wednesday afternoons.
Weekly Open Swim
- Once a week, we will attend open swim at the Fridley Middle School pool.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
- Fridley Public Schools Nutritional Services will provide free breakfast and lunch for all ROCKS participants! On field trip days, a bento-box style lunch will be provided.
SAMPLE 2023 Weekly Activity Schedule - 2024 Schedule TBA
|Morning Classes||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Wednesday Event|
|Week 1: |
June 13 - 16
|Basketball||Design Your Adventure||Build It/Lego||No Special Event|
|Week 2: |
June 19 - 23
|Drawing & Paper Projects||Floor Hockey||Era of Dinosaurs||Adventure on the Mississippi|
|Week 3: |
June 26 - 30
|Pokemon Game Coding||Track & Field||Recycled Art||Stages Theater|
|July 3 - 7|
|Break week||No classes||Break week||No classes|
July 10 - 14
|Baseball/Kickball||Painting||Mobile Machines||Wet & Wild Water Party|
|Week 5: |
July 17 - 21
|Dive into the Ocean!||Soccer||Nature Inspired Art||MN Zoo|
|Week 6: |
July 24 - 28
|Stop Motion & Music Videos||Slimy, Gooey, Sticky!||Lacrosse||Jolly Pops Concert|
|Week 7: |
July 31 - Aug. 5
|Zumba||Glow Art||The Buzz on Bugs||Bunker Beach Water Park|
|Week 8: |
Aug. 7 - 11
|Magic Galore!||Tae Kwon Do||Clay Creations||Nickel Jamboree|
|Week 9: |
Aug. 14 - 18
|Photography & Scrapbooking||Engineering Theme Parks||Ready. Set. Dodgeball!!|
Anoka Aquatic Center
Playground Program K-3: It’s time to play! This is a recreational program designed to involve children in a variety of activities, which will promote the development of friendships, good sportsmanship, coordination, motivation and creativity! Each week a new theme will be presented with games, stories, crafts and imagination to provide a well-rounded experience for your child.
Chill Program 4-6: This is a great place to meet new friends and hang out! We’ll enjoy all that summer has to offer in this program that is full of fun and adventure. Activities will include sports, crafts, games, swimming, billiards, foosball, air hockey, video games and more! Participants will have the opportunity to share their interests with the group and help to plan the schedule of activities as well.
Open Swim K - 6: Once a week children will be able to participate in open swim at the Fridley Middle School pool. This time allows the opportunity for young swimmers to practice their skills, or just play and have fun.
How to Register
Summer ROCKS registration will open online at 8 a.m. on March 6! Continue to monitor this page for further information as it becomes available.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Check Back for 2024 FAQ Information