The City provides street name identification signs at all intersections within the City. Signs are in place to serve as navigational and safety devices.Street Name Sign
On residential intersections a post with two signs identifying the cross streets is mounted on one of the quadrants. Posts are installed for the street name sign, or the signs may be mounted on street light posts or overhead traffic signals mast arms.
The signs contain the street name and may include the approximate street/postal address number for the segment of roadway.
The present sign standard is as follows:
- Sign blanks are 6 inches high (exception: larger signs are mounted on overhead traffic signal mast arms).
- Street name letters are 4 inches high (exception: larger signs are mounted on overhead traffic signal mast arms). The property address numbers are smaller.
- White letters.
- Background is green on north/south streets and blue on east/west streets.
- Colored sheeting and lettering is on both sides of the sign blank.
- Sheeting material is "High Intensity" grade.
- The City logo will be placed on all residential street name signs.
Signs are replaced when vandalized, or when a street name is changed. All signs are refurbished on a periodic basis in order to maintain good visibility and reflectivity. Expected service life is estimated between 10 and 15 years.