Planning a backyard fire? We have a few reminders to keep you safe.
We love the spring/summer season! Grilling, camping, bonfires...
Don't turn your fun into disaster - remember a few simple safety rules.
- Keep recreational fires in a contained area such as an outdoor fire pit not larger than 3' in diameter.
- Only burn clean wood and charcoal.
- Fire areas must be at least 25' away from any structure.
- Fires must be attended by an adult at all times until fully extinguished.
- Grills should only be used outdoors.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease and fat buildup from the grill and the trays below.
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it.